Kat
Brawn
Points: 459, Level: 9 Points: 459, Level: 9 Points: 459, Level: 9
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 2-ish
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Pretty much everything!
Fav Supp: whole foods
Kat is a consistent contributorKat is a consistent contributorKat is a consistent contributorKat is a consistent contributorKat is a consistent contributorKat is a consistent contributorKat is a consistent contributorKat is a consistent contributorKat is a consistent contributorKat is a consistent contributorKat is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
Perhaps this would be clearer if we distinguish between WISH and WANT.

A lot of people WISH they could be in great shape, or are told by others that they need to be in better shape.

It is not until the WISH (external, distant) becomes internalized into a WANT, and acted upon by determination and will, to become a priority, that change happens.

Three important factors in success:
1) Confidence (that you can do it)
2) Knowledge (how to do it)
3) Priority (do it consistently, intensely, don't let it get bumped by life)

Hat tip for first two factors to Jim Johnson's "Sixty Second Motivator" book.

Physical transformation is a mind game, first and foremost, including the decision to push for "one more rep".
^^THIS^^! Though I would probably order them (1) knowledge (2) priority (3) confidence...simply because your confidence will grow as you become consistent in the mechanics of reaching your goals.

Parts of this thread remind me of one of my all time fav motivational quotes:
First you fuel the desire, then the desire will fuel you.
Napoleon Hill

If you WANT it bad enough, you do it for a day. Then you do it again and again. Um, and again
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote