View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #24
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

EDIT TO ADD; AS YOU TYPE A LOT FASTER THAN I DO, BY THE TIME I'D CONSTRUCTED THIS POST, YOU'D POSTED YOURS, IN WHICH YOU ADDRESS SOME OF MINE BELOW.

Incidentally, there is an idea that could be considered 'conspiracy' that I do subscribe to. It's the idea of disaster capitalism and the influence of the Chicago school of business, as set out by Naomi Klein in her book The Shock Doctrine. Now that really is extraordinarily well-researched.

So, against my better judgement, I've just looked at the docs, read about 'Operation Northwood' and watched the vid until it crashed. So, put me right on this if I've got it wrong: the assertion is that (1) JFK was killed for going soft on Cuba and opposition to covert operations and (2) 9/11 was the execution of a long-concealed plan. Right?

Let's go with the JFK thing a second.

Sigh.

1) Military organisations engage in all sorts of speculative plans. Read Jeremy Paxman's book on chemical and biological warfare. One idea was to inject Hitler's food with oestrogens so that he would become more feminine and hence look ridiculous. Seriously. But there's a difference between proposing a plan and getting it accepted.

2) Correlation and causation error. What you have are two observations:

A: JFK opposed secret dealings, including Operation Northwoods
B: Kennedy was assassinated.

The assertion is that A caused B. But hang on. Kennedy also opposed the Federal Reserve, halting sales of their silver reserves. Maybe they offed him! Incredibly, there's another conspiracy theory that says just that. Or maybe it was the mafia, because the FACTS show they were involved in his election.

You say you deal only in facts, but as suspected, these are disparate facts connected only with speculation and absolutely no evidence.

If you say it can't be just coincidence, I'm calling the police.

For some reason, loads of people find it hard to believe that ultra-famous people die for the same reasons that every one does. Marilyn was assassinated, Hitler didn't die in a bunker, Diana's car crash was engineered. And JFK couldn't possibly have been assassinated by a lone nut-job. Because he was too famous to die that way, the cause wasn't grandiose enough.

The video was even worse than expected. It simply juxtaposes a bunch of stuff with no attempt at a coherent argument.

Can I have that hour of my life back please?

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232

Last edited by Tannhauser; 06-12-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote