IainK
Max Brawn
Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 20
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Hard work in a can
IainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I think the only problem with waiting until your body tells you its thirsty, it's actually a bit too late, we have already started to dehydrate. At least that is what I was taught.
Indeed this is the mantra. I think the term 'too late' suggests that this is actually a problem.

Your thirst is a pretty good measure of when you need to drink. The goal of the day dose not have to be 100% hydrated. You hydration levels will undulate during the day and this is fine and dandy.

The main point is not to overthink this stuff or feel you need to be drinking something every hr etc etc etc.

Again in some situations were rapid water loss is a problem and where you want to maximise endurance performance, you may need to attempt to have optimum hydration at set times.