View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
Dray
full body 6 times a week
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: clean & press
Fav Supp: WPC
Dray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite member

Well, the only things I can think of would be a potentially different angle (depends how you do them of course), and therefore slightly different muscle emphasis, and relative to pullups, rack chins put you at a mechanical advantage overall, so a person logically should be able to do more and/or heavier reps. Simliar to chinups being mechanically advantageous relative to pullups, only more so.

Personally, I think all these things are good. Weighted, unweighted, whatever angles and grips. Actually, inverted rows are also good - throw on a good weight vest, and they're suddenly not so "easy" after all.

Why not do both, IMO. For the record, I don't, but mostly because it's tricky getting hold of a (okay, THE) rack at the best of times as it is, lol.

Last edited by Dray; 06-11-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote