View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Well, the only things I can think of would be a potentially different angle (depends how you do them of course), and therefore slightly different muscle emphasis, and relative to pullups, rack chins put you at a mechanical advantage overall, so a person logically should be able to do more and/or heavier reps. Simliar to chinups being mechanically advantageous relative to pullups, only more so.

Personally, I think all these things are good. Weighted, unweighted, whatever angles and grips. Actually, inverted rows are also good - throw on a good weight vest, and they're suddenly not so "easy" after all.

Why not do both, IMO. For the record, I don't, but mostly because it's tricky getting hold of a (okay, THE) rack at the best of times as it is, lol.

Last edited by Dray; 06-11-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote