Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
I do walking lunges and only use 7-10kg db's in each hand because my glutes are actually that weak from years of neglect. You know, keeping in that 1-legged work as a finisher once you have the squat rack would be a good idea.
Progress is all important but you're right not to try and force it. We get bad days and there will be times when you may need to drop weight to get in the reps. It will hopefully not happen too often and if you are honest during each session, you will be fine.

One final word of advice based on my own constant mistakes, NEVER allow one bad session or even a bad week derail you or cause you to make 'alterations', just don't! I did that and it ended up being a circle of error which, several years on, I am still attempting to circumnavigate!
Amen x10!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Focus on you. Not others. Sure, make comparisons for fun and follow the plan of someone who is similar to you and try to replicate their experiences, but at the end of the day, it will take you however long it takes you because you are different than everyone else in the universe.
Keep getting better than yourself and you'll never regret it.

You'll also have no time to worry about anyone else!