I WILL
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNC View Post
Typically I try to have a meal before my workout, usually turkey and rice, and a weight gainer shake after. I'll admit, diet has been my biggest roadblock throughout this process. I'm never hungry enough to eat as much as I need (3200 calories), or my schedule doesn't allow for it. I'm curious how you and others manage this, especially if you don't function socially, academically and professionally within a fitness oriented enviroment?
Hi Adam,
From the above ^ Don't 'try' to have a meal before you workout, (it is a must.) This is a time when you can eat (your not at work.) Make pre and post mandatory, no excuses. That would be a good start. It seems like you already know where you need to eat more, so this is good too.

Everyone's suggestions are great, and making your own weight gainers rock.

I understand about having jobs not conducive to eating. When you can't eat have to sneak it! It is all about getting creative. When I worked in retail I would hide food under the front counter near the register. When I worked at a children's art museum I had to wear an apron. I would hide food in my pockets. It is a no no to eat in a museum, so I would walk between exhibits and shovel food in my mouth when no one was looking. Also excuse yourself to use the bathroom. I would put walnuts or even peanut butter sandwiches in my apron. Protein bars and those tubes of squeezable peanut butter are great too.

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote