skids
Max Brawn
Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Meat, Milk,
skids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNC View Post
I appreciate eveyones advice and suggestions. In reference to the A/B powerbuilding workout, how would ya'll suggest weight progression. Try to increase weight every set if you reach the desired rep range or maintain the weight for all sets and increase every time you do the workout?
The way I progress is like this, I have my training sets and reps worked out, in my case it is currently 5X5. lets say I am doing squats and i'm doing 5 sets of 5 reps at my working weight.
I warm up and start chipping away at the lower sets until I get too my working weight. Which was 155kg. I completed 5 sets of 5 reps at 155kg successfully. Next training session my working weight will bump up to 160kg. Every workout the goal is to complete your working weight and then add weight next time. "Progressive resistance". If you can't add weight get in some more reps. Never do the same amount of reps at the same weight from a prior workout. If you want to see this program in action have a look at Lee's log or for a slightly bastardized version look at my log. Cheers
skids is online now   Reply With Quote