AdamNC
Brawn
Points: 1,589, Level: 22 Points: 1,589, Level: 22 Points: 1,589, Level: 22
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: On and off since H/S
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
AdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributorAdamNC is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
You can take 12 ounces of whole milk, 2 scoops of whey, 2 ounces of heavy cream and build a 20 ounce shake of around 680 calories that tastes amazing. If it's too thick, add 4 to 6 ounces of water.

These are not super filling and taste much better than purchased weight gainers.

You can add in extra calories easily with a scoop or two of peanut butter and/or a ground, frozen banana. This can push you over 1000 calories per serving real easy.
I'm definitely going to try this. I'm out of protein anyway and was considering whether to get another weight gainer, or get regular whey protein and add stuff to it. Hopefully this might help. I just find it funny that I seems the have the metabolism from hell, but take medicine for hypothyroidism. Seems contradictory. Oh, and another thing, how do y'all keep up with calories, especially you're cooking and/or mixing things together. I know when I cook a meal, the portions are large, but I have no clue how to come up with a relevant calculation and hit that number consistently.
AdamNC is online now   Reply With Quote