Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNC View Post
Typically I try to have a meal before my workout, usually turkey and rice, and a weight gainer shake after. I'll admit, diet has been my biggest roadblock throughout this process. I'm never hungry enough to eat as much as I need (3200 calories), or my schedule doesn't allow for it. I'm curious how you and others manage this, especially if you don't function socially, academically and professionally within a fitness oriented enviroment?
Bullshit. You're eating turkey and rice, then in the same breath saying you can't meat your calorie goals?

I know, I'm being a jerk, but you need to rethink a few things. Stop wasting your time with weight gainers. They are shit and aren't helping you do what you need to do.

If someone is able to eat clean while still reaching their goals, then more power to them. If you have limited time, forget that mess. Sometimes after a hard session I'll just go get a pizza from little Caesar's. One pizza is 2200 calories. Too easy.

Cook EVERYTHING in oil and cover it in butter. Then cover it in cheese. You can easily add 1000-1500 calories a day just by doing this, and it makes everything taste fan-freaking-tastic.

Heavy whipping cream is your friend. a single tbsp has 50 calories.

If you make a shake with 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, 3 tbsp. of olive oil, 2 tbsp. of natural peanut butter, 1 cup whole milk and 2 scoops of whey protein you'll get a drink that's about the size of a normal protein shake, but with 1100 calories, 85g fat, and 60g protein. Combine all that fat with heavy ass lifting and you'll have more testosterone than you know what to do with, instead of all those stupid carbs you get from weight gainers.

Maximize every opportunity you have to eat. If you're on the go, keep trail mix with you, or even better, just lots of mixed nuts. They give you tons of good fats and lots of calories, and are super easy to carry around.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote