Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
I managed to get over my fear of fat, because I realized that the fat I would be gaining would be a small amount using the 1-2 pound a month rule, and that if I needed to I'd be able to get rid of it quickly.

The idea was that if I gained more fat than I was comfortable with, I could do a short 2-4 week cut after a period of anywhere from 3-5 months bulking.

To do this, rather than reducing my calories that could be detrimental to my growth and development as a teenager, I'd burn those couple of pounds I'd gained by doing some high intensity cardio, whilst eating at my maintenance calorie level.

However, I've just thought, wouldn't that be the same thing as a calorie deficit through food? Could doing this have the same detrimental effects as the dropping calories through my diet?

Until now I assumed it'd be different but its just dawned on me.

If thats the case, then my only option is to bulk. Indefinitely. Which as you'll know will cause quite a few problems for me personally with jobs etc;
What more I don't really want to be going through the prime years of my life having an undesirable body fat percentage, regardless of modeling jobs.

Really thought I'd found a way to do it this time.
Understand that if you are trying to lose fat/weight you will always have to be in a calorie deficit. Whether you create the deficit by eating less or by doing more cardio it's still basically the same thing.

I'm not really sure if I see the issue, and no, you don't have to bulk forever. If at any point you get a little too fat you can do a little cutting and get back to where you want to be, it doesn't mean you're going to lose all your muscle too.

Just lift heavy with compound movements and eat enough to gain a little and good things will happen, I promise!

Last edited by Soldier; 06-08-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote