View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #13
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleurplaay View Post
recommended protein intake
to whose recommendation are you referring? lots of people give lots of different recommendations for protein intake. not all recommendations from all people are based on research. also, i don't trust every person's recommendation; i'm careful about who i listen to.

Quote:
almost exclusively based on studies where protein intake is measured as amount of protein in food eaten.
hence the legitimacy of taking digestability into account. if a person gives a recommended protein intake without considering how much of that protein is absorbed then no one -- not even the person giving the recommendation -- can even be sure how much protein you actually need or how much you use. if i consume 100 grams but only absorb 50 grams and someone recommends i consume 100 grams, then what does that even mean? it's a vague recommendation at best and nonsense at worst.

Quote:
There is no need to consider the digestability of your food as long as your sensible about your diet and eat somewhat varied. KISS, keep it short & simple.
yeah but different people have different definitions of "sensible." you might get enough protein eating "sensibly," but a vegan who doesn't eat much soy but still consumes a lot of protein might not actually benefit from very much of that protein.
how is looking at a digestability chart not keeping it simple lol? i think it's simple and helpful to make sure i get mostly high absorbing sources of protein. i don't look at it every day. i just know in the back of my head which sources are better for me than others. not much simpler than that.

Last edited by SecondsOut; 06-08-2013 at 01:55 PM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote