View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
Kleurplaay
Max Brawn
Points: 2,525, Level: 30 Points: 2,525, Level: 30 Points: 2,525, Level: 30
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: dat dere eggs
Kleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Recently I've been eating soy as a quick protein source.,

There's these tins of beans and soy sausages that you can get at the moment, and they have 37 grams of protein per tin, which is pretty high.
They're only 1 per tin too!
They do pork ones too, but they're 3 times the price.

I did a bit of research, and apparently soy contains allot of estrogen and isn't very good for you.

Was wondering if you'd ever had any experience of it and could offer me some opinions.

My goal certainly isn't to achieve man boobs
Considering that some males (not even all males) get estrogen related side effects when they are on quite high dosages of testosterone (which converts into estrogen to a certain extent). I wouldn't expect the trivial amount of estrogen in foods to have any real effects on a healthy male.

I also can't imagine anyone enjoying soy but that's more personal preference. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
soy protein is found in soy beans, though, not all beans. not all proteins absorb at the same rate:

Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for example, that chart shows that we absorb 100% of soy protein but only 75% of the protein in black beans and 52% of the protein in peanuts. changes the way you read food labels.
I would like to add to this though that recommended protein intake is almost exclusively based on studies where protein intake is measured as amount of protein in food eaten. There is no need to consider the digestability of your food as long as your sensible about your diet and eat somewhat varied. KISS, keep it short & simple.

Last edited by Kleurplaay; 06-08-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Kleurplaay is offline   Reply With Quote