View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Taste would be what's added, and that would be fine. Just not a very tasty thing on its own. Like soy sauce (not the sweetened crap though) - that's probably my only exception. Not bad, if a bit like "liquid salt" and not all that much else...

Just checked some beef snags we have sitting in the fridge for barbequeing - close to 20g of protein* per 100g, and they're about $5 a kilo (not the cheapest out there, but they do taste good), so I guess that's $1 for 40g. Not bad, considering our dollar is still crap compared to the pound, heh.

So it might pay to look at some more butcher's offerings, especially if there's a macros breakdown, and even better an ingredient list. Dunno. Depends on the cost of meat and meaty stuffs around there, of course...

* Er, well not quite. So more like 36g for a dollar, -ish.

Yeah you won't find prices like that here, every things so damn expensive in europe.

Like you said though, I'll shop around, see if there.s anything I haven't seen before.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote