Old 06-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Taste would be what's added, and that would be fine. Just not a very tasty thing on its own. Like soy sauce (not the sweetened crap though) - that's probably my only exception. Not bad, if a bit like "liquid salt" and not all that much else...

Just checked some beef snags we have sitting in the fridge for barbequeing - close to 20g of protein* per 100g, and they're about $5 a kilo (not the cheapest out there, but they do taste good), so I guess that's $1 for 40g. Not bad, considering our dollar is still crap compared to the pound, heh.

So it might pay to look at some more butcher's offerings, especially if there's a macros breakdown, and even better an ingredient list. Dunno. Depends on the cost of meat and meaty stuffs around there, of course...

* Er, well not quite. So more like 36g for a dollar, -ish.

Another thing to consider (other than iron and b12, which might not be too much of a concern) is getting enough of all the essential amino acids. I don't recall what soy does or doesn't have, but I do seem to remember being told you had to combine various vegetarian things in order to get "a complete protein". Sounds like a lot of hassle if you ask me, and could be something to keep an eye on.

Last edited by Dray; 06-08-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote