View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #15
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
While I'm in question mode anyway, here's another one.

I've heard a lot of negative opinions on situps. Even some on crunches as well. Is there much (or any!) genuine and relevant evidence to support said opinions? If so, what?

I was thinking of throwing in some weighted decline bench situps again, as another option for ab work (as part of my doing abs directly twice a week, currently). Good or bad choice, do you think?

I obviously don't have enough experience like these guys do to give you advice, but I did come across this video by Elliot Hulse.

Its a really interesting video, though it applies to crunches. It explains how they could be bad for you etc;

I don't know weather this carries over to sit ups as well, but it might be worth a watch.

Like OffRoad said though, allot of exercises have recently become supposedly bad for you, even though people have been doing them for years. Its an opinion that they're bad for you, not a fact as far as I'm aware of, so I'm sure you'll know to take it with a pinch of salt

Here it is:

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 06-06-2013 at 05:42 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote