Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT55 View Post
Does this make your squat stronger, or prevent injury? I've read Rip saying keep them in line with your feet, whatever angle and width they're at.
I whole heartedly disagree with him in this regard. There are way too many variables for this to apply. When I do a wide stance squat it would be physically impossible to keep my knees in line with my feet. Another thing to consider is that people's feet naturally face different directions. Mine face quite a bit outward, even when I'm walking, and some have feet that face in. How could it be that every one of us should put our knees over our toes when everyone's stance and anatomy is different?

I believe in putting my feet at an angle where I feel both the most comfortable and the most stable. To me that's independent of where my knees go.

It makes your squat stronger and also makes it possible to reach depth with the proper hip hinge and an arched back, both of which are practically impossible if your knees go forward.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links