Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Thanks Jim.
I agree with you somewhat about the hip issue. I'm really not sure where they need to be to be honest. After taking a couple months off from deads because I was causing chronic injury I made some form changes. I identified one of my problems was my shoulders being too far over the bar, causing me to put much of the load on my lower back. So in an effort to get my shoulders just a bit in front of the bar, I am dropping my hips when I set up. Where before I didn't do this. So good eye.
Any suggestions on how I shall proceed? I can attempt to find a happy medium between my shoulders being at a proper position over the bar and the position of my hips being up higher during the set up.

The other issue you raised is tightness. I think posterior tightness is also a big issue that I need to work on. I think this is also a big issue with my lack of explosivness out of the hole when squatting. So again, I say good eye.

Sumo, I have never really tried them. I will try them next week. Thanks for your advice Jim. You gave me a lot to work with!
Watch Dan green and ed coan vids on you tube for inspiration. With the problems you stated I bet sumos will treat you real well
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote