Deadlift Only Dude
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,018, Level: 17 Points: 1,018, Level: 17 Points: 1,018, Level: 17
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: 9 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Dymatize Elite Whey
1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor1Strength is a dedicated contributor

ROWS & RACK DEADLIFTS Training - Mesocycle 58 Week 1

Wednesday night… I was initially gonna do Rack Deadlifts followed by Dumbbell Rows but I decided to switch the order. I figured that the work I had to do for Rows was cut out for me: SDT Progression. Rack Deadlifts was a new variable with the injury and what not and I didn't want to push it. So I figured I'd get what I absolutely HAD to get done today - the Rows: first and then I would do the Rack DL. That way, on the off chance that I felt very uncomfortable on Rack DL I would have time to experiment or call it a day with no problems to rows in terms of time.

Dynamic Warm-ups & Mobility Drills:
IT / IF Stretch
Ankle Mobility
Butt Kicks
Knee to Chest
Overhead Squats

Dumbbell Rows:
100 x 9 x 5
140 x 4 x 2
SP = R
SDT

I think the time to go back to the Base with a new weight might be upon me. This is pretty high volume here… 50+ reps.

Rack Deadlifts:
45 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 3
185 x 3
195 x 3
225 x 4
245 x 2
255 x 2
275 x 2 x 2
285 x 1
315 x 3
335 x 2
365 x 2 x 3
405 x 3

This was great. It felt wonderful. I did this little technique thing which I wanted to write about: while lowering the bar back to the pins, I stopped about an inch (or a few centimeters - I wasn't measuring the distance but the point is to stop BEFORE the bar hits the pins) above the pins and I just hold it there for a second before lowering it. This allows that quality control where I'm not just dropping the bar. I even managed to hold this on the last rep of 405…. It was a great start. I reeled myself back in and kept it very conservative.

Video:

My YouTube Channel
1Strength is offline   Reply With Quote