Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #504
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelhund_OR View Post
Hey brother,

Had a question for you about Squatting and shoulder issues..

When I get under the bar my shoulders are too tight and will not allow me my arms back far enough to grip the bar on either sides of my shoulders.
What I wild up doing is having my arms straight out to the sides with my palms on the plates facing out..

is there anything I can to so loosen them up to be able to hold the bar correctly?
I am pretty sure I have calcified tendentious in my shoulders but would rather deal with the cracking that have surgery.

Thank you as always ...

V/R
Teufey
I went through this for 2 years, and know many other lifters who have as well.

There is nothing I have found that helps, short of purchasing a longer bar, and/or getting a buffalo bar.

Do you train at home or at a gym? If at home a bow bar will change your life:

SPECIAL POWERLIFTING BARS

If you train at a gym you may need to place collars towards the center to but some extra space.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote