Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #503
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noite View Post
Thanks! I'll probably be replacing squats with leg presses and see how that works. I was thinking about it and I might actually be able to get away with RDLs since their issue is with the bar hitting the floor, would this be a suitable replacement for regular deadlifts or would I be better off with cable/dumbbell rows? (I'm already doing BB rows in my routine)
RDLs and deadlifts target different muscles, but they are definitely a good choice.

With RDLs never sink past the point where your lower back wants to break. This will keep your lower back strong and in good shape.

I honestly like having 2 different row exercises each week, plus a pull down or pull up. You can never have enough back strength. In the absence of deadlifts, I would do 2 rows.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote