Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
What the hell?

Everyone on here told me since the beginning of the year when I joined, that I'll gain minimal fat at 1-2 pounds of overall body weight gain a month.
First and foremost, you have to stop comparing yourself to other people. Don't worry, we all do it, but it's a horrible habit. Also try to remember that professional athletes are professional for a reason. They work hard, yes, but they are generally also very gifted from the start. There are people out there who are a hell of a lot stronger than me and look a lot better than me and have done it with much less work than I've put in. If you try to compare yourself to others you're gonna go nuts, and that applies to your whole life, not just how you look or what you can lift.

Another thing to think about is that we are all at different points in our journey. You're a beginner, and you're very thin. These are good things, in the sense that you CAN gain 1-2lb a month and a far higher percentage of it will be muscle when compared to someone like myself who has trained for a while and has more muscle already. This won't be the case forever, but you don't need to worry about that until you get there.

As far as asking questions, screw everybody who's putting you down. If you have a question, you ask it. But try not to come into it with preconcieved notions. Remember, the human body is a complex thing and we are all different. Ask questions if you have them, but stick to your plan long enough to REALLY see if it's giving you what you want.

Believe in the plan, focus on your goals.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote