View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #24
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Are you serious? I said 3 lbs an year for their amateur career (6-7 years). This works out to a roughly 20 lbs lean mass gain by the time they turn pro. 20 lbs of lean mass makes hell of a difference. Again, please take note of this - NONE of the top level athletes built their body overnight. They have been at it for years, not just 6 months or 1 year.

Yes, you CAN gain 1-2 lbs a month - especially during the newbie stage. But it doesnt work that way forever. After the first few pounds, muscle gains slow down quite significantly, especially if you are trying to avoid putting on fat.

I was talking about pounds gained over all per month. 1-2 pounds of overall weight gain a month been good for minimal fat gains.

I misunderstood the 3 pounds thing, sorry. I thought you meant for someone like me with no training experience.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote