View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #21
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
1/4 pound?!

gain 3 pounds of muscle in a year?!

They'd look no different!
Are you serious? I said 3 lbs an year for their amateur career (6-7 years). This works out to a roughly 20 lbs lean mass gain by the time they turn pro. 20 lbs of lean mass makes hell of a difference. Again, please take note of this - NONE of the top level athletes built their body overnight. They have been at it for years, not just 6 months or 1 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
I'd rather gain the fat that that, and thats coming from an OCD driven model!
Seriously though, I was under the impression you could gain muscle with minimal fat at around 1 to 2 pounds per month.
Yes, you CAN gain 1-2 lbs a month - especially during the newbie stage. But it doesnt work that way forever. After the first few pounds, muscle gains slow down quite significantly, especially if you are trying to avoid putting on fat.
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links