View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
SaxonViolence
Brawn

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool 220 Pound Weakling

Sometime in the dim past, maybe in the days of Grimek, Reeves and Parkómaybe earlieróthe Phrase:

"220 Pound Muscle Man"

Was supposed to be the Ideal that every young Bodybuilder/Weight Trainer aspired to.

{I know this from coming across the Phrase a few times in Old Muscle Building Books.}

In the Modern Day, (70s and 80sóWe're living in the "Post-Modern Age" nowadays...)

I've heard Bodybuilders or Bodybuilder wannabees referred to as:

"220 Pound Weaklings"

{Which is also a play on Charles Atlas' "90 Pound Weakling."}

Meaning that it is ridicule worthy that a man would rather look like Steve Reeves (a good example of a 220 pound physique) than to be a 275 Pound Powerlifter with a 1100 Pound Greater Total for the Powerlifts.

I have nothing against Bodybuilders, but I laughed at how the Old Phrase had been turned on its ear.

Was this local slang? Or have y'all heard (or used) the expression?

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote