Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Spent yesterday traveling, then hit the gym today. Luckily the gym in which I'll be training for the next 9 days is quite well equipped, and powerlifting friendly. They even have boards and chalk. I decided to do a little deadlifting and see how my shoulder would hold up.

Deadlift-
45x a bunch
135x5
225x5

Add squat suit and belt, straps down-
315x3
365x3
405x2

Straps up-
455x1
495x1
525x1 PR

Speed pulls, raw-
315+thick band for 5 singles, rest-pause.

Leg press-
3pps x12
4pps x12
2pps x55

Awesome session. The gym was well equipped and almost completely empty since we trained in the early afternoon. The plates they had were coated in rubber, just soft enough that I could lower my deadlifts a little faster and not tire myself out by lowering them slowly like at home. This is what I credit as the reason I was able to pull a new PR today.

My shoulder held up extremely well, and felt good throughout it's ROM once it was warmed up. I'm going to do a little pressing in my next session, but I'm going to take it slow and use my slingshot to protect my shoulder.

I can't wait to squat in this gym, with a real power rack. They have good bars too. This is going to be fun.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote