Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #472
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHDL View Post
BBOD, I have a question about my dad. He's 51 and has a hip/lower back problem that has scared him off squats/deads all together. Infact he's almost scared of progression and does not want to lift more when he can because of fear of injury. He has only started to work his legs at all ( Leg curls/ Leg Extensions) he doesnt have an actual program to follow and i wonder if you could recommend one or exercises he should do. Also i have a sister with cerebral palsy and wheelchair bound who needs help getting in the car ect. Im at college most of time so it leaves my dad alone to help my sister so i know increased strength would be very beneficial to my dad but he does not want to progress past a certain point he just spins his wheels. Any advice on a workout or exercises he should focus on or avoid would be great.
OHDL, your dad may be concerned about doing any exercise that may potentially take his necessary assistance away from a daughter that relies heavily on him as well which may be a reason that he avoids exercises which he feels may aggravate an existing condition or possibly cause injury...plus, we don't know how bad his hip/back injury is (was), it may well be a disc issue or a degenerative condition that he has to be very careful with.