Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #470
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious View Post
Hey man, I am new to these forums but I want to kind of share my experience and ask something.
Welcome aboard.

Quote:
So from 16 years of age I started lifting for about 6 motnhs doing all isolation looking for stupid high volume advanced routines and of course I barely got any results. At 17 I found out about StrongLifts 5x5 and did the program for about 4 months.
Initial lifts Bench 135 Squat 175 Dead 175 Press 95

After 5x5 250 bench / 275 squat /315 Dead / 175 press

Pretty much I got great strength and size results but I had to stop lifting for a few month for stupid excuses like work and school.
Inconsistency is the biggest killer, as you are probably aware.

Quote:
Long story short I started lifting again but for some reason I could not hit these maxes for squats or dead-lifts. I got depressed and decided to stop doing strength and switched to GVT. I guess my issue is that my legs are super tight its not normal for me to doing 250 bench and 235 squat /dead-lifts so I am wondering if there is some video I can look into regarding from. I have been just generally feeling down knowing that I can't lift properly. Also I have been doing I.F. to cut down some fat so that might be an issue regarding strength decrease.
You need to simplifying. Find a program where the focus ins on improving one rep at a time and have fun.

This isn't fun for you. It needs to be fun. Results take time but you have a lifetime to reach them. Don't pressure yourself.

Even if you do GVT you need progression. Doing a 10x10 with wimpy weight isn't going to do anything for you other than make you sore.

Find a system you enjoy and commit to it for one year.

Here is a sample program based on the "one rep at a time" mindset:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/wor...y-workout.html

You don't have to do a program like this. Pick whatever you enjoy. Just have fun.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote