MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Nice work Mike!

Does the yoga make a lot of difference to your sessions?
Thanks! Yes, I think so. I do cat-camel, prone cobra, and the swimmer or Bird Dog after almost every lower body day. I found that my low back tightens up considerably and I don't think recovers as well when I don't do some loosening up stuff for my back after squats and deads. I also do some of something you suggested once the "morning sunrise" poses or something like that. I don't do all of them, but each morning I do hit some of the movement patterns to get unkinked and get blood flowing first thing in the morning.

I couldn't prove it, but I do think all that stuff has helped me keep getting better.

And thanks fellas! Great news about the fat cells, Jim!
You're getting pretty strong yourself, Hunter. Gonna crush that meet.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote