Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Tomsen, Try to be extreme when it comes to pushing your knees out while squatting. You're really not even close to where you need to be, and that's why you're having depth issues. Put a fairly light weight on the bar and push your knees out as hard and as far as possible. Small changes give small results. Make BIG changes, then see what works and dial things back if necesary. Focus on taking your knees out as hard as possible, then move forward from there.

As for your deadlift, your hips are raising as you start the lift. Normally this is happens because someone has their hips to low to start, but this isn't the case with you. Your setup is good.

I've got 2 things I want you to try with your deadlift. The first is to do something called "taking the slack out of the bar". It's true that you aren't lifting enough yet to actually make the bar bend, but this idea still works very well. As you lower your butt into your starting position, lift up on the bar a little. The feeling will be like you are using the bar to pull yourself down. The first time I did this it built so much tension that my warmup weight actually pulled off the floor before I intended to start the lift.

The next thing I'd like you to try is to think about leading with your head. Don't think about lifting the weight. Just think about standing up, with your head leading the way.

If you combine these 2 thoughts, you should find that your form looks very different, and your butt isn't rising nearly as high when you pull.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote