View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #296
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

BENCH PRESS - 5X5 - 47.5KG
BENT OVER ROWS - 5X5 - 47.5KG
FRONT SQUATS - 3X8 - 30KG
PULL-UPS - 3X8 - BODY WEIGHT.

First time back to the gym in 4 days since I got all depressed about it.
Was rearing and ready to go, had more energy than I've had in a while.
Dropped the weight down to get 12 reps, but again I couldn't find the right amount, tried at 8 and still no joy, couldn't really get the hang of it.

Put a bit more on the bar and went for 5 reps like I usually do. The weight has been knocked down considerably, and although tough it was a good starting point of which I can now start progressing slowly.
I've now made 8 bags of 1lb increments to do so like it was suggested, so there's really no way I can stall again now (I hope)
Even though I'm doing 5x5 for most things you might have noticed I've added pull-ups with relatively high reps for the extra rep work you all say I need.
When to use those extra 1lb weights is the question though. I'll have to gauge weather I think I could up the weight by 2lbs next workout, or weather I should stay with the same weight I used today until I start being able to hit higher reps with it.

Quite clearly from recent experiences I need to do this sllloowwwly, and hopefully I'll be OK.

Thanks for the support and motivation as usual. I know I'm a sad case haha

- Linden
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote