View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I totally agree with you, tnation has some great stuff but i do not trust any of their supplement articles because you get to the end and then they start talking about biotest products and how wonderful they are. I run into people all the time that ask me what the best supplement is and I tell them food, they ask what the best program is, I say something heavy and done hard, thats it. Simplicity rules, and yields results!!

The internet is a great resource for kids but companies have really ruined a lot of it and it is hard for beginners to determine what is good and bad info!

I highly suggest that you check out the velocity diet on tnation, it boggled my mind, it is actually diet suggested to be used for a month where pretty much the only thing consumed is biotest products!! No real food, the dieters are allowed one whole food meal a week, these are supplements as in supplements to your diet they are not supposed to be the whole diet. It just seems outrageous to me.
I've skimmed over the velocity diet, but never new that it was Biotest madness. Speaking of diets, if you want a really good diet book, check out "Better than Steroids." I am interviewing the author, and it is the best book on diet and food intake that I've ever read.

So the supplements on the Velocity ARE the meals? That's completely insane.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote