View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #640
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default 5/20/13 Cycle 13 Week 3 Power Clean and Squat

Cliff notes:
Still doing the "T-baggins" squat protocol.
I have been toying around with changing the 5/3/1 weeks. Instead of doing 5/3/1 for my top sets, I basically do 3/1/1. This keeps me fresher for the last set.
Bought a new smoker this weekend.

Power Clean
125x3
145x1
165x1

Squat
2x250,250
2x285,285
317.5x0 (son, i am dissapoint)
317.5x1

Overall Workout Grade: B

Notes:
The power clean is progressing right along. I enjoy these. The 2nd top set was a bit shakey, so I was concerned about the last set. I really tensed up and pulled hard and the top set flew up with extreme ease. I was happy.

The squats were a struggle. The top set was supposed to be 317.5x2. Well on the first attempt I completely bombed. Straight down to the pins. I was extremely frustrated. I decided to give it another go. Rested a few minutes and made another attempt. I got 1 and pinned the other.
The squat issues are incredibly disheartening. I know i should be able to nail that. Over a year ago, when I started 5/3/1 I tested my squat max at near 385. So it's odd to me that after all this time I can barely hit 317.5. To be fair, I am prefatigued by the other sets, that may be a factor. Also, this is the third cycle without a deload, so that may be somewhat of a factor. I am going to take next week off completely, and I won't increase my working max on squat next cycle.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote