View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #27
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
hah, this reminds me of the introduction to Pavel's book Beyond Bodybuilding:

"We go to a bodybuilding expo every year. Last few years we ran a challenge at our booth. A one-arm military press with an eighty-eight pound kettlebell. The rules are simple: the fist must be lower than the chin at the start of the press and the knees must remain locked. You don't even have to clean the bell because I do not want any of the 'this is all technique' whining. We'll hand it to you if you insist.

Let us face it, pressing eighty-eight pounds overhead is not a feat of strength. Definitely not for a two hundred-fifty pound man. Yet the overwhelming majority of the big sissies just can't do it. And that is the ones who at least try. Most are plain scared. I call out to the passing muscleheads: 'Do we have a man here?' Most flinch and keep walking. Whenever my challenge was ignored I would smile sweetly and say, 'Sir, I understand. Not all forms of exercise are right for all people. Perhaps you would like to check out Jazzercise over there?'"
I keep meaning to read that book.

But one difference is that Pavel was calling people out, whereas that wasn't my intention. I know there are plenty of guys on MAB who are way stronger than I am

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote