View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #122
Soc
Brawn
Points: 845, Level: 15 Points: 845, Level: 15 Points: 845, Level: 15
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Soc has made some very good postsSoc has made some very good postsSoc has made some very good postsSoc has made some very good postsSoc has made some very good postsSoc has made some very good postsSoc has made some very good postsSoc has made some very good postsSoc has made some very good postsSoc has made some very good postsSoc has made some very good posts

This has cast huge doubt in my mind as to what routine i should be doing. Until this, i was happy with my adaptation of Boring But Big, doing the 4 main lifts twice a week each (1 heavy, 1 light), with accessory work down to once a week (leg curl, chins, rows and shrugs).

To me thats good enough, it allows for higher volume because its 3 days rest before i do that movement again. Most traditional FBWs are split into an A/B style so you might only do a lift once a week, as is common with bench/press on Starting Strength. Whereas, im guarenteed to do the main lifts twice a week, once pushing high weight for low reps and the other doing 50-60% of 1rm for 50reps and using the fat gripz, so still not easy even though its "light"

So i have 2x a week frequency and a decent amount of volume. Maybe i could squat heavy more often, but other than that, is my routine shit enough for me to change everything when i dont feel like it?

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...k-forever.html
Soc is offline   Reply With Quote