View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #121
Dray
100kg w/ abs! :p
Max Brawn

Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: bench press
Fav Supp: whey & fish oil
Dray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite memberDray is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soc View Post
Near the end of my session my future brother in law claimed he could outlift me on anything. His idea of strength was a 10RM. I thought about it and told him i had squat 60kgx22..he said no problem. So i showed him my squat form...deep and proper...again he said no problem. 3 half squats later he gave up and said his knees were fucked and he couldnt do it. Pretty much made my day.
Haha. Gotta love that. He sounds like a bit of a dickwad to be honest, but hopefully I'm wrong...

Anyway, while you've chosen a slow progression scheme, progress is progress, as they say. Regular rep PRs are a typical feature, from what I've read, and that can't be bad for overall strength and muscle building.

I also favour full body for "novices" (like me, I mean), but I don't have much by way of evidence for or against anything.

Keep makin' dem gains, and you can't be going wrong.