View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #121
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soc View Post
Near the end of my session my future brother in law claimed he could outlift me on anything. His idea of strength was a 10RM. I thought about it and told him i had squat 60kgx22..he said no problem. So i showed him my squat form...deep and proper...again he said no problem. 3 half squats later he gave up and said his knees were fucked and he couldnt do it. Pretty much made my day.
Haha. Gotta love that. He sounds like a bit of a dickwad to be honest, but hopefully I'm wrong...

Anyway, while you've chosen a slow progression scheme, progress is progress, as they say. Regular rep PRs are a typical feature, from what I've read, and that can't be bad for overall strength and muscle building.

I also favour full body for "novices" (like me, I mean), but I don't have much by way of evidence for or against anything.

Keep makin' dem gains, and you can't be going wrong.