View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Good post BTB.

Your post brings up another aspect. The need to write new routines.

There are a lot of really good routines that have already been written, and that have proved successful, so why do so many neophytes feel the need to write their own? It would suit them far better to use a proven program.

If you wanted to fly from New York to LA. you wouldn't design your own airplane to do it. You would use whats already available. While lifting weights is not nearly as complex as aeronautical design, it still requires some knowledge to implement it corectly. Otherwise you fail, as has been shown time and again.

Just as the basic body somotypes are not cut and dried, to a your this type, or that type. The various forms of periodization can be found within a single type of program. That brings me back to my original post. Don't overthink the process. Just keep adding weight, and stay on course to your destination.

staying on course, with, lift, eat, sleep, repeat is a better plan than constantly worrying about this or that latest trend, or did I get exactly the right nutrient ratio today. Or, oh crap I had a cookie today. I'm so screwed. I've lost .005 grams of LBM from that cookie.

My routines are all routines that I take from already written programs. They have minor tweaks to them, but if you know where I got them from you would recognize the original program.

My current program is basically a Starting Strength program.
Before that I was using a Casey Butt HLM approach program.

No need to reinvent the wheel.

Last edited by glwanabe; 03-11-2010 at 01:59 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote