View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

i dislike it because you don't need it. it's not a category of lifts like "Olympic," "powerlifting," or "strongman," it's repackaging exercises in a trendy name with overpriced gyms and a "new" image. there's nothing new about anything they're doing.
it's another thing that annoys me because it's a reminder to me that many people need new fads, new "packaging" to take an interest in something. do you want to be lean and strong? you could've been doing that for years with Oly, powerlifting, and/or strongman. there isn't anything cross fit gyms do that you can point to and say "that originated with cross fit."
to me, cross fit is about image and people buying into this image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
it doesn't have to suit your goals, which is why you do what you do and they don't.
...but the thread title is "What's wrong with Cross Fit?" and he just said what he thinks is wrong with cross fit: namely that if they put the same effort into mastering a few lifts instead of dabbling in a thousand lifts, they'd be formidable lifters. this seems valid; he's not just saying something ignorant like "because it's stupid." are you trying to silence anyone who believes there's something wrong with it? doesn't that go against the point of the thread...?

Last edited by SecondsOut; 05-18-2013 at 03:42 PM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote