View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I'm not trying to be a thread crapper here with my post, but, let me say this.

I'm not going to have a lot to offer in this thread in the way of any credible scientific discourse on periodization. Not that it's a bad subject to discuss by any means, but it is information that most people can't use properly.

As I keep saying, I like to keep it simple. I only need a few tools to get the job done that I'm trying to do. I have the opinion that far to many people get to caught up in all the latest "scientific research" and jump around to often, to different programs, and concepts. instead of just putting more weight on the bar.

Yes, I've read some research on this topic, but it doesn't really apply to most people. Most people can achieve around 70-80% of natural potential with basic hard work. That last 20-30% is where you need great genes to achieve max natural potential. 10-20% can get further down the road than most. That last 10% is elusive. There are only a handful of people who can do this. They are the elite. There's just not that many of them born. They are the Parks, Grimeks, ect. There's maybe 10% that have the genes to go all the way to the wall, maybe only 5%.

Thats not to say that everybody else should just quit. What they should do, is put this months issue of whatever it is they read down, and pick up more weight today than they did last time they picked up weight. If you don't pick up more weight, then do more reps. Don't worry about much more than this, and keep making progression the key. One rep, or one pound is progression. Just keep going.

The best thing most people can do is to stop overthining the process.

So my question back to all of you is, does it really matter for the majority of people? I don't think so.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote