View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
At the core of Sean's statement, he mentions that "nerve innervation" factors require 3 years before a trainee should train with lower than 6 reps. That is the statement that I am most curious about. I've not heard that before. And I'm not sure where he found this research.
Quote:
Nerve innervation is a term used to describe the distribution of nerves across the body and to particular areas, along with the supply of nerve impulses.
My take, is that he is a bit ummm nutty. I personally think that for the first few workouts, a beginner should use higher reps, say 3x15-20, but only to get a feel for proper form, then you should crank up the weight. I think we can all agree that if someone only trains with higher reps and less than 80% of their 1rm, their form will look like crap when they start adding weight and get into low reps. Also i know i have done better with lower reps than when i would try higher reps
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote