View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Sully explained a bit more:

Quote:
On the novice thing that was John Porillo, a big name coach back in the 90's who started that. Vince was all about 15's for the first 3 months, then 12's for three then 10-8-6-15 for three then you could do his 8 x 8 and so on. He said new people needed to learn the movement and perfect it first. Parillo just noticed when he had people start with 8-10 or more the first year it lead to a better foundation later. now Thib was the first to connect the nerve innervation, he got that from Able at a seminar. Thib is also a big Vince fan and if he ever remembers me its because we talked about Vince and how I worked with him once for about 3 hours. Anyway, he is the one who did the actual research into it and it kind of took from there. Now guys like King, Poloquin and Waterburry are saying the same thing, but it really started with Vince in the 60's and 70's and Parillo in the 90's. I think Thib covers it in one of his books, may be the little black book or his hyde book. I have them all, but not on ebook. I'll find more for you, but I use the approach and my novices grow at 2x the rate now then the novices I had even 5 years ago. I now do 3 x week full body, alternating exercises each workout, but only basics and the reps go 15's for the first 10 weeks, the 10's then 7-9's all for 10 weeks, then a varied push/pull split at a variety of reps. If they are gifted I go with the vertical/horizontal/ham/quad four day split. That's it in a nut shell.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links