BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
As some of you already know, I'm going to be working on becoming a firefighter over the course of this next year or so. I am signed up to take the Candidate Physical Ability Test in July. I have 7 weeks from today before my first shot. I would like to drop about 20 pounds between now and then. I will be doing carb backloading and hoping for the best. Still will be training heavy using BIG, but will also be throwing in conditioning using stadiums, bear crawls, low crawls, etc., while wearing a weighted vest to prepare for this. I want to be in MEAN shape when I take the test so I can excel. I will have the official report tonight, but right now, this first "NO"-carb day SUCKS. Thank goodness for coffee.
Hang in there man. In my experience the first 5-7 days suck on low carb, but after that you adjust. Make sure you get plenty of fats in the first week, they will help with some of the effects. Looking forward to seeing how this works for you. I think with your activity levels, you will drop weight on CBl, just keep the nightly backloads within reason. If weightloss slows you can switch to carb nite or a low carb diet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linedriver465 View Post

Fen and myself probably have the most experience with CN/CBL on this forum so feel free to reach out to either of us!
I couldn't help to laugh at this statement. Do you know how many guys on this forum have used or are using these diet approaches?

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote