View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Default Member Ugo's Home Gym

I'm visiting my family, so yesterday I lifted with Ugo in Philly. Ugo's got a dinosaur training home gym (that's what I call it, not him) with lots of neat things to work with. Check it out:

Power Rack: it's a 20-lb. bar. Everything's sturdy. Ugo said that years ago, he unracked 1,000+ lbs. using this same bar and rack

Isometric Machine: the copper colored bar is what you use to perform the lift. You can adjust the tension, but there are no weights. There is no resistance during the eccentric phase; on the concentric, you press as fast and hard as you can

Isometric Machine platform and meter: the blue part is the metal platform where you stand. You can see the meter that measures the amount of force -- pretty much like a Tendo unit, but it's analog (obviously), not digital

Isometric Machine meter close up

Small Rack: Ugo's got a small adjustable rack in his garage. You can use it for bench, too, or dips or pretty much any movement that begins below your shoulders

100-lb. Pancake Plates: these are just awesome. I didn't know anyone made these flat plates in 100 lbs.

Bench with "Fat Bar": The bench looks like it's seen better days, but it's as sturdy as it has to be. Ugo said he's had it since he was a teenager, and it's the same bench he used to press 400 when he weighed over 200. The fat bar is a 20-lb. bar with a fat metal sleeve over it. Seemed to be between 2 and 2.5 inches thick

One end of the Fat Bar

Ugo also has some chains, bands, dumbbell sets, an incline bench, a bag of sand, an inner tube of sand, and I don't even know what else. Pretty much everything you need to train hard and add some variety. The isometric machine is my favorite piece. I think it would be great to use after a lower body workout. You can use any foot position you want and press as hard or light as you want. The weightless eccentric phase is a great feature.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links