View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 01:02 AM   #534
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Great work Alan! Not smart enough to see anything wrong. I could say that music is throwing you off though ! Keep working hard bud!!!
Ha ha, thanks Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
I would either pull my feet back or out a little more. You should be pushing your traps hard into the bench, all while keeping a good tight back arch. Will help create more leg drive naturally without really thinking about it. Looking very strong these days.
Thanks for that JB, appreciate your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
From that camera angle, it looks like your flat benching for the most part, so JB's advice is golden. I think once your correct that, you will be in a much better position to press 315, as you are already very strong on the lift.
315 would be sweet Jim, hope you are right
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomGJD View Post
Great work man! I'm very impressed, you really have made great gains here in the last few weeks. Looking very strong and that set of bench looked like a piece of cake. Had I been there with you I would have suggested going up to 130 at least instead. Looks like you are a dead cert to hit at least 140 now when you test maxes. Maybe even higher. As per set up If what you do is working for you, it's working. I set up differently but I also take a narrower grip which makes things a bit different. I think the more experienced guys will have better advice there. Anyway, good stuff. keep killing it man. You will make me very proud of that program if you nail a big gain. No pressure though
Cheers Tom, definitely feeling a bit stronger these days. Yeah the second set went better than the first and prob should have jumped to 130kg for it, hopefully will come out with 142.5kg bench at the other side. Would be happy with that-I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
strong work mark and those push presses look good.
Nice of you to mention them, I think the progress on them is what is having some carryover to the bench
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I agree with JB: feet wider or back more to create more tension in the lower body. You should feel like you have a cable pulling right from hip flexor to foot. Drive those traps into the bench and arch harder.

Getting tighter alone will give you 5-10kgs more. Looking strong there but it's a short road from strong to stronger via set-up
Tighter is the way forward so Al, a bump of 5/10kg would be nice.

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is offline   Reply With Quote