View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #24
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
This is a grand generalization and not very true. Many bodybuilders understand that, at some point, you have to accept some fat gain in order to get big and build muscle. From the friends I have who compete, it's only after years of building and getting close to their "optimal" show size do they focus on staying "relatively lean" during their off-season. And even then, they all gain fat as a part of the process. Here, I am talking about my friends who use gear and compete. Looking super-cut is a look that if attained after you have put in lots of work to build enough muscle so that once you cut (and lose fat and some muscle), you still have enough muscle to look like you train.
I wasn't generalizing anybody. I said allot of the powerlifters, not all. Just like I could say allot of people like house music. The generalization would be most people like house music, or most powerlifters don't mind gaining a bit of fat.

Like I said, thats all relative to you and your personal goals.
I'm not a bodybuilder, nor a powerlifter, nor do I want to be huge.
I want to look good and athletic, and be a great deal stronger.
I have no desire to get to the level where I could compete.
Those two video's that I put up, are of just normal guys, who have accomplished what I want to do. Neither class themselves as bodybuilders or powerlifters. They look good all year round, and lift as a hobby.
They stay lean all year, no doubt about it.

Who said I was cutting? I plan to build muscle for 2 years, whilst maybe adding a couple of mini cuts during my bulk if I gain more fat than I'd like.

Quote:
Most people who want to look ripped end up looking fat because they don't have enough muscle. The more muscle you carry, the more fat you can carry and not look fat. In my avatar, I am 240# and about 17.5-18% BF. I don't think I look fat in the slightest. Looking jacked is about how much muscle you carry, not how low your BF% is. 165 can never look jacked and ripped. Sorry.

I never disputed that, and I've been told that many times.
My comment was in response to the guy above. Who suggested you'll likely get pudgy on a bulk, which I saw no reason for, after looking at other people who stay lean, and actually from following advice from guys on here.

Quote:
Young lifters make the mistake of thinking in terms of "this summer" instead of "the rest of my life." If they spent 2-3 years just building muscle (naturals, here), then they could do one cut and have all the muscle they'd likely ever need or ever have (naturally) and not have to do these bulk-cut cycles.
I'm assuming thats me your referring to. Someone yet again playing that scratch record that I don't listen.

That IS what I'm doing.

I am thinking in terms of years. In 2 years, I'll likely have gotten as big as I want to get.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 05-13-2013 at 10:28 AM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote