View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #16
Epinephrine
Brawn
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Epinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
The interesting thing about this is that I rarely see anyone under 25 eat this many calories these days. They are all eating 2400 calories per day claiming they are gaining fat rapidly. (Which I don't buy for obvious reasons)

I only mention this because I rarely see any youngster these days eat over 2500 cals per day. They all think their maintenance levels are super low because of calculators.

If you suggest over 3000 cals 2/3rds of them will fall to the ground, twitching, eyes rolling, and the Curly shuffle will commence. They all laugh hilariously at you like you have lost your mind.
I used to use a calorie counter thing on my iPhone to track my macros and was eating about 4,000-5,000 calories a day when I was bulking. That's when I actually started to put on size, too. In the past when I would eat what the calculations said to (so like 2,800-3,500 or something like that) my physique didn't change, and neither did the weights I was pushing. Eating anything less than 3,000 calories a day is pointless, in my opinion, if you're trying to grow. But that's just my $0.02. Now-a-days everyone seems to be an "expert" or a guru and can bulk while keeping their precious abbies.

Last edited by Epinephrine; 05-12-2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: error
Epinephrine is offline   Reply With Quote