View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Schoenfeld
So what is an ideal caloric consumption for building muscle without porking up like a Sumo wrestler? A general guideline is to consume between 18 to 20 calories per pound of body weight. If you're a 200-pound guy, this equates to a target caloric intake of about 3600 to 4000 calories a day.
The interesting thing about this is that I rarely see anyone under 25 eat this many calories these days. They are all eating 2400 calories per day claiming they are gaining fat rapidly. (Which I don't buy for obvious reasons)

I only mention this because I rarely see any youngster these days eat over 2500 cals per day. They all think their maintenance levels are super low because of calculators.

If you suggest over 3000 cals 2/3rds of them will fall to the ground, twitching, eyes rolling, and the Curly shuffle will commence. They all laugh hilariously at you like you have lost your mind.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote