View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme View Post
i can;t see how that's related to my shake
that's because now you're taking my comment out of context.
PhillyDev asked a valid question and then made a valid point about excess carbs getting stored as fat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyDev View Post
100 grams of carbs is gonna spike your insulin weather you like it or not. Your body has to react to the incoming carbs, so, basically insulin is now the train conductor, directing unneeded carbs to fat stores. This is a shake for post workout.
you then argued against his point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme View Post
oats don't give an insulin spike
they r slow released energy,that's why it's a good snack
it also provides 15gr fibers

at post,i doupt about the need of insulin spike too,whey rises insulin enough by itself
and glycogen is restored
and that's where my post came in. you disagreed with PD based on your understanding of "insulin spike" and glycemic index. my comment was showing you how you're misunderstanding how glycemic index works and that you're claiming too much authority on a topic that isn't even fully understood yet (in terms of sports nutrition).
and i suppose this all gets back to your shake in terms of the concern some of us had for the high carb + high calorie + low protein shake recipe you posted.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote