Old 05-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #952
Hunterace
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn
Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
You are going to love it man, it is impossible not to feed of the energy at a meet. You will kill it!
Thanks Randy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Awesome news that you are going to compete Jay! I think you will excel under those circumstances!!
Thanks Rich! Hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I'm right there with you Hunter. I hate bright lights and crowds with an absolute passion. I won't even go into a Target or Walmart. I give you big props for giving it a go.
Thanks OR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post

Breaking News
I've decided to compete!
I ordered a singlet, and mailed the entry form and money.
Steve was gracious enough to let me hitch a ride with him and Erin. I know he will help me a ton at the meet too.
This was a very difficult decision to reach. Lifting at home, in my environment, dark, no people...I've been able to push through my pain and problems pretty well, or I think so. Doing this meet will be a big challenge! New place and different equipment not a huge deal, maybe? But I'm sure the bright lights will take a big toll on me and my photosensitivity. Then lifting around a bunch of people, not really my thing ! I like alone or small groups, I hate crowds. And then there's the little thing about doing all 3 lifts as heavy as possible in one day, lol. But even if I do horrible, at least I'll have tried to do my best. Kind of an expensive experiment, but at least I'll not have the regret of not even trying.
I asked JB for his advice on how to train as I don't have a long time. Here's his advice and what I'll be doing. I will probably start paused bench right away though, the other lifts I should be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd
why dont you take a lighter week this week, then gives you 8 training weeks to get ready.

weeks 1-3 continue what you are doing
week 4- drop one set off of each aux movement
weeks 5-6 drop down to only 1 aux movement after Main lift
weeks 7-8 just main lifts no aux stuff.*
week 9 rest up
week 10- kick ass.*

As far as reps, keep doing what you are doing, week 6-7-8 we might should play around with some various pauses and stuff to get ready, but really your on the right track. Hope that helps.
Right now I weigh 201, so I'm going to lower my cals a little and try and compete in the 198lb class. I'm going to try and not stress this as I know my scale will probably not match theirs.
I believe I can get a 900 total unless I do horrible. I'm shooting for 1000 though, as I think I can get this on a good day. But we will see what happens!!!

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734

Last edited by Hunterace; 05-10-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Hunterace is offline   Reply With Quote