Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #389
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
If this has already been asked/posted, my apologies - I do try not to post 100% unnecessary crap.

I'm at the stage, again, where deadlifts will have to - for the time being *at least* - be either over/under (aka mixed grip) or "strapped".

Which do you recommend of those two, and is there any advantage to alternating mixed grip (LURO/LORU), if that is the best way to go for now?

I have not got around to using straps so far, or a belt for that matter. But I'm not at all opposed to the idea (even though awesome grip strength does appeal...) I actually own both, so yeah.

Thanks again for helping so many people (I am of course one of them). Hope this is *not* an unnecessary question or whatever.
Never unnecessary.

I recommend double overhand with Versa Gripps or straps for most people. I find it's simply the safest and most efficient method of deadlifting.

Regarding grip strength... grip strength is largely impacted by back strength. When your back is weak your body will be signaled to drop the weight.

You can't let a weak grip hinder deadlifts, or rows for that matter. They are a much bigger priority. I use straps on every deadlift and row set, and I have amazing grip strength. A huge reason for this is due to my strong back.

It's ok to want to improve your grip, but it shouldn't be done on back or deadlift training, if that makes sense.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote