The Big Boss
Max Brawn
Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 04/2013
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
BravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Just for a bit of balance, many regard him as a major source of misinformation. He's high up on quackwatch.com radar and has been described as an 'uber-quack'. e.g. Joe Mercola: Proof positive that quackery sells Respectful Insolence

My own view is that in general, if you do the complete opposite of what Mercola advocates, you'll be fine.

Coincidentally, I was just about to post this and I found another post from that blog, in which the author invited people to send in their nominations for Mercola's worst quackery over a fifteen year span/.

Someone volunteered this:

I don't know anything about D3 synthesis, so I can't comment on the rights or wrongs of it, but it's another take.

Mercola does have a large amount of information on his site and a good point for most people to start. However, they need to look deeper into topics... and he does make claims that get on my nerves and has a lot of overpriced and useless products.

For example, I never bothered looking into Vitamin d3 and so on because as someone stated it was more of a matter of consistency. The uber low carb/no carb, etc dogma gets annoying, but most of his readers are not athletes.

Point stands that his multi vitamin is great. One of the only supplements I buy. His views on gmo's, and fats are dead on... those are the things that matter most to the health of the over all population... and low carb helps them too, but again he goes wrong about demonizing them...

Lifts: https://www.youtube.com/user/BravenFitness

Training Log: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...304#post443304
BravenFenix is offline   Reply With Quote